Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bumbo Seat Warning

I absolutely love the Bumbo seats. Silas loves his, and he sits in it often. He even bathes in it most night! He doesn't like to lay down in the tub, he outgrew his baby bathtub, and he is waaaay too slippery sitting up in the bathtub by himself. The Bumbo seat is wonderful for many reasons.

But! He, at 7 months old, has managed to slip out of the Bumbo, not once, but TWICE. (Not in the tub...) Thankfully, he was on the floor in it both times, as I have also used it on the kitchen counter while I was cooking or unloading the dishwasher or sweeping or whatever. (I was always arms length away from him. I'm not a bad mother, people! I'm careful.)

He was in the bathroom the first time, while I was bathing Mercie. He was just playing with a toy and kinda bouncing around in it, and I heard a little thud. I looked to my right, and he was on his belly, smiling a "I did it!" smile.

The next time I watched him, trying to see what he did. He was straightening out his body (as best he could in the Bumbo), and arching his back, and twisting around until, WHAM, he's out!

I'm just letting anyone who might be reading this and using a Bumbo (not for themselves...for their baby!) to watch baby carefully while in Bumbo. I had no idea he would ever be able to twist his way out. I figured he was in there tight enough not to be able to get out.

But babies have minds of their own...and they often surprise us. And now, you have been warned!!

3 comments:

Beth Herring said...

And i was thinking about buying your dad a bumbo as he gets older to keep him safe in the tub.. haha!

love you - love your new font!

Unknown said...

Bumbos should NOT be used in the tub! I had one when my four middle ones were all babies ages (1, 1, 1, and 4 mon) and it fell apart! It says on the box and I believe on the side of the bumbo not to put it in water. The good old plastic bath ring worked best for us! BLESSINGS!

Praises from a Wife and Mommy! said...

Thanks for the warning since I have always wanted one of these.

Hi! I am awarding your blog an award! :) Hope you enjoy it. Stop by my site for more details. Have a great weekend.